Customer Support/Training Liason, ACS Technologies (June 2012-Present)
- Completed all day-to-day work activities remotely in Charleston, SC
- Revised customer and client training guides to company standards, integrating current research in adult learning and development and product usability
- Collaborated with training staff on a monthly basis, incorporating training school participant feedback into existing documentation
- Maintained training school documentation incorporating software enhancements and releases
- Participated in online training sessions to explore adult learning topics, including interactions and gamification
- Coordinated audits of product troubleshooting articles, eliminating unneeded and outdated content
- Attended the Society of Technical Communication Summit, May 2014
- Mentored and trained junior technical writers.
Technical Writer II, ACS Technologies (October 2008-Present)
- Developed task-based procedures for computer software solutions for churches, schools, and other non-profit organizations
- Rewrote entire print-based documentation system for non-profit financial accounting solutions and transferred it to Atlassian Confluence wiki-based online help
- Proofread and edited a monthly client newsletter, ACS Technologies E-News, and a corporate blog, Ministry Impact
- Learned various ACS products including ACS People Suite, ACS Financial Suite, Access ACS, ACS Facility Scheduler, Church Life, Extend, The City, and Membership Plus.
- Added and updated enhancement tickets in Atlassian JIRA
- Participated in a 16 hour usability training session with software testers and developers
- Performed usability studies and assisted with software implementations at various churches, schools, and non-profit organizations
- Suggested and implemented various user interface enhancements to improve usability
- Attended 12 hour agile/scrum environment training.
Hazard Technical Writer I, Assurant Specialty Property (May 2007-September 2008)
- Implemented policy and procedure changes into client and associate procedure manuals
- Converted print based procedures to online help guides using Adobe RoboHelp and RoboSource Control
- Trained approximately 60 associates on using online help guides
- Coordinated procedure reviews involving managers, trainers, and lead associates
- Edited and coordinated a monthly employee newsletter while leading a team of approximately 8-12 monthly contributors
- Represented the training and technical writing departments on the Employee Activities Committee (EAC).